Short BioI am a third year graduate PHD student in Applied Mathematics at UMBC. My research interests include (but are not limited to) mathematical biology, differential equations, and scientific computing. Currently, I am working on a project that focuses on modeling calcium dynamics in heart cells; more specifically, the research is about modeling the mechanisms of cardiac arrhythmias from calcium store overload.
- 2009– Now: Graduate Student in Mathematics at UMBC.
- 2007–2009: Bachelors Degree in Mathematics and Computer Science at UMBC.
- 2004–2006: Undergraduate studies at Montgomery College.
- Spring 2012: Visiting Student at the University of California, Davis. Research assistant in the Izu lab (Ca2+rdiac Signaling Lab).
- Spring 2010~Present: Research Assistant on "Cardiac Physiology: Spontaneous Stochastic Calcium Waves in Cardiac Cell". PhD advisor and mentor: Dr. Bradford Peercy
- Summer 2009 - Independent research at UMBC in “Long-Time Simulation of Calcium Waves in a Heart Cell”. Mentor: Dr. Matthias K. Gobbert.
- Summer 2008 - Research Experience for Undergraduate at UTSA. Nonlinear Control and its Applications with UAVs and UGVs.
- Zana CoulibalyUG, Michael MuscedereG, Matthias K. Gobbert, and Bradford E. Peercy. Long-Time Simulation of Calcium Waves in a Heart Cell to Study the Effects of Calcium Release Flux Density and of Coefficients in the Pump and Leak Mechanisms on Self-Organizing Wave Behavior. Technical Report number HPCF-2009-6, UMBC High Performance Computing Facility, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, 2009. Reprint in PDF-format
- Zana Coulibaly, Luis Alonso, Benito Garcia, Hervie Martin, Chunjiang Qian, “Controller Design and Hardware implementation of airship”, Abstracts of IEEE Multi-conference on Systems and Control, Sep 2008, San Antonio, US.
- Summer 2012: Teaching Math 215
- Fall 2011: TA Math 151H
- Summer 2011: Teaching Math 115
- Summer 2010: Teaching Math 215
- Spring 2010: TA Math 152
- Fall 2009: TA Math 152.
- Fall 2009~Present: UMBC SIAM student Chapter webmaster.
- Fall 2009~Fall 2010: MSGSA Treasurer.